The MSTP equipment adds the Ethernet service access function to the traditional SDH equipment, and accordingly adds the Ethernet card to the equipment.
This article takes Cisco’s (CISCO) ONS 15454 MSTP 10G platform device as an example for introduction. The panel diagram of CISCO 15454 MSTP device is shown in Figure 1.
1. Main interface disk of MSTP device
The main interfaces of MSTP equipment include control board, cross-connect board, multi-rate optical card, electrical card, Ethernet board, etc., as shown in Figure 2 and Figure 3.
2. Main board function introduction
(1) Cross-connect boards. Cisco ONS 15454 is a 10Gbit/s cross-connect platform, providing 10G capacity cross-connect, 2.5G upward upgrade without replacing any common parts. For V4 particles, it provides 384×384 VC4 cross-connection capacity; for VC12 particles, it provides 2016×2016 VC12 cross-connection capacity; at the same time, it also provides 1+1 protection, and switching does not affect services at all.
(2) 10G optical card. Adopting the design of mother card and optical module, flexible configuration, simple distance upgrade and cost reduction.
(3) Optical cards with rates below 10G. Using the design of mother card and optical module, the rate of each optical module is 155M, 622M, 2.5G optional, any rate mixed insertion, the configuration is very flexible, the total bandwidth of each mother card is 2.5G or 10G.
(4) TDM electrical interface card. High density integration, PDH service distribution, unified installation backplane rate, support SONET/SDH standard, front panel access, 120/75Ω balanced/unbalanced access.
(5) ML series Ethernet interface card. 12-port 10/100, 2-port GigE, 8-port FE optical interface, built-in RPR function, providing 50ms switching, built-in Layer 3 routing, QOS, MPLS and other high-end data functions, based on standard channel configuration (GFP/VCAT), the backplane bandwidth is 20G, and the data packet forwarding rate is 3.7Mpps. The performance is equivalent to that of a mid-range router.
(6) ML-MR series Ethernet interface card. 10-port 10/100/1000M optical fiber interface, SFP port, support layer 2 aggregation function, the maximum aggregation ratio is 32:1, embedded RPR function, providing 50ms switching.
(7) CE series Ethernet interface cards. 8-port FE RJ-45 interface card, 10-port CE SFP optical fiber interface card, completely transparent transmission, support GFP encapsulation, support LCAS/VCAT function.
(8) Control board. The control card of Cisco ONS15454 contains management, communication, and control functions. Management functions include: management of all timing functions, including clock acquisition from BITs, clock acquisition from LINE, built-in clock, and output clock; the communication function is responsible for providing RSOH and MSOH termination and alarm reports; control functions include: providing control software CTC and database, all of which exist in TCC2P memory, providing 1+1 protection, and switching does not affect business at all.